Monday, March 14, 2011

Big News

My first adopted child DJ moved back home today. He's like my firstborn and will always hold a special place in my heart. He turned 18 March 8Th. This past summer I let him go stay 2 weeks with his birth family and while he was there he got a job. So when the 2 weeks was up he wanted to stay and work. I said yes, which was really a mistake. When it came time for him to come home he didn't want to come. I tried everything to talk him into it but he threatened everything from quitting school to running away if I didn't let him stay and go to school there. Well I relented after much heartache and prayer. Even his birth father told him he should stay here and finish his senior year. But at 17 and a half years old, you have a mind of your own. It didn't take long for him to realize he messed up. He was man enough to tell me so too. He wanted to come back several times, but we had signed guardianship over, and his family didn't want him to come, so I didn't fight it, I just encouraged him to stay and make the best of it. Well when he turned 18 he decided he wanted to come home and didn't need any ones permission to do so. He texted me, and Keith and I decided we couldn't say no. I'm excited and worried at the same time. I know he has lived a different life and changed. He went from living with 17 siblings to living with 3. He has grown up a lot, and seems to be well rounded. Of course we haven't butted heads over anything yet. I say yet because it's bound to happen. He has been such a easy kid to raise. I love him so much. I wanted him since the day he was born. (long story) I hope and pray everything works out. Now I don't have to worry about getting to 2 graduations on the same day. Thank goodness!

No comments:

Post a Comment