Monday, August 15, 2011

Moving along

Life is full speed ahead!  School is in full swing, and all the kids are back on schedule.  Up at 6 and bed at 8.  Of course the teens aren't in bed by then but they are in their rooms.  I do have two who's curfew isn't until 11.  Sitting up until 11 is a lot harder than it use to be.  When I was younger I would stay up until 1 or 2 am cleaning house and moving furniture around.  Now I'm yawning at 10. 

We made a trip August 4th to Oklahoma!  It was a long trip.   We went to see Krishawanda graduate from the basic training of the Army.  I am so proud of her.  We were so glad to see her.  She will be moving in with Destinee in a few weeks and starting her senior year in school.  Destinee graduated and went to Missouri for her AIT  training for the army also.  She will be back the end of this month.  Ive been so busy the last few weeks trying to get everything for school, and then making the 5 day trip not to mention playing catch up with all the appointments...

The picture is from cow day at Chick fil-a.  The kids all had a blast and got free meals to boot.

Everyone is doing well.  I have 7 in high school, 3 in middle school, 1 in home school, and 4 in elementary school.  Those don't seem like big number when you break them down, but it seems like a lot when we are doing homework.  We do have a couple of extras here when homework is being done. 

I've just took over the nursery at church.  This will be a new job for me.  Although I've worked in the nursery before I've never been fully responsible.  I'm a little anxious about it, can you believe it?  A mom with more than 20 kids!  Worried about a 2 hour deal with 6 or so babies?  If they were all my babies it wouldn't be a big deal but taking care of other peoples children makes me a little ansey.  Go figure.

 

1 comment: