Monday, September 19, 2011

Away at School

On Monday we took Doreese to her new school!  We toured the school/college last year and I was totally sold on it.  It is a program for adults with learning disabilities or delays in some way.  It has every thing a college has to offer.  The programs of study aren't as many but what they do offer are small intimate classes where the student gets lots of one on one instruction.  Doreese has chosen cosmetology as her field of study.  Not what I would have chosen for her, but that's not my decision to make.  They are opening brand new dorms in Oct. I think I was more excited than Doreese.  When it was time for us to leave she became all weepy.  Oh it broke my heart.  When I left my other children (birth) at college I was the one crying.  Loss is such a hard thing to overcome.  It took a couple of days, but she is doing great and has fallen in love with the school, as well as a new boy!  UGH!  Oh well, I guess she is 19.  I am so very proud of her. 

Destinee moves into her new apartment today too!  She was in the Army for the summer.  It took a little while but she has made a good choice.  Krishawanda has chosen to room with her.  She's not quiet 18  (a few weeks) but is ready to strike out on her on.  I can tell she is a little more reserved than Des.  She had lots of questions for me and a lot of "what ifs".  It will be good for her to be on her on.  She is strongly independent and a little hard headed.  My birth children say she is more like me than any of them.(LOL) I couldn't be more proud of my girls.  It makes me teary eyed just thinking of all they have over come.  I trust God to look out for them.  They are all so young and yet adults.  Time is not standing still for me.  Now I have 9 children that are 18(almost) and older.

I still love being mom to this house full of kids, grown and little.  I also love being Nana to my grand babies.  Time is so precious, and it just seems like we don't have enough of it.   

No comments:

Post a Comment