Saturday, March 13, 2010

cell phones

My cell phone is dying. I dread getting a new phone. I know I"m old and don't like change. Keith and I went in yesterday to LOOK at phones. He walks out with one of the new gadgets. He likes his new toy. Me I just couldn't pay the price. What's free with our new contract? Oh we have no free phones right now. replied the salesperson. Well I came home got on the computer and guess what? I had a choice of 12, yes 12 free phones. I will be choosing a free phone. All I want to do is talk anyway. Text occasionally. I don't have time for anything else. I may decide I like Keith's but Free is so much better!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Vicky,
    We use Walmarts "Straight Talk" plan. There are no contracts and the phones are prepaid, so you don't have all the additional monthly fees. They have a $30 plan, and an unlimited $45 plan. You can purchase the Straight Talk plan (they look like a giftcard) in the Walmart store or online. You do have to purchase a phone, but they are very reasonable and much cheaper than others we checked into. Clark Howard recommends the plan and it uses the Verizon network. We did lots of shopping around and this was the best deal we could find. Hope this helps.
    Tracy

    ReplyDelete