Monday, November 1, 2010

Austin and Soccer

Austin is on a special needs soccer team. He played on regular team last year and just could not understand the concept of the game. The team he is on now has a variety of special need children on it. Like him, you can't tell what's wrong with some just by looking. He stared off into the wild blue for a lot of the game. He really didn't want to play. He didn't even want to go. That's him on a daily basis. You never know what his day will be like. If he is in a good mood, everyone thinks he is just a normal kid. But let him be having an off day and BAM! you know he has issues. Sad really. FAS is awful. It should be against the law.

I kept a 2 year old for a week. Mom was/is homeless and I was a bridge until a cousin could step in and take guardianship. He was such a mess. I really enjoyed having him. It makes me miss the baby years. Am I too old to take a baby? Some days I think yes and some days I think NO. My heart sure wants to. Oh well, if the opportunity arises.........

No comments:

Post a Comment