Thursday, February 4, 2010

slowly slowly slipping away

Seven of my children are in HIGH SCHOOL. Sometimes I forget they are growing up. I still see them as children who need me. BUT they don't! They see themselves as grown. I see them as little kids. I guess we are both gonna have to change our prospective. They stay so busy. It makes me happy to know they lead full lives, but also sad because they aren't spending time with me. 5 of the 7 were sitting on the foot of my bed tonight just hanging out and talking. That's good right? I see so many videos, magazines and advertisements where the kids have on earphones and the mom is talking on the phone or watching TV and they are not communicating. I love talking to my teens. Sometimes I have to bite my tongue about my real opinion, but mostly I try and be honest with tact. I have a good relationship with all of them, and hope I continue to do so. I am so proud of them all. 18 is not old enough to be making decisions without me! LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment