Thursday, June 25, 2009

Therapist

Today was a busy day on the road. We were up and out at 7 am. One child sees a psychologist in Athens once a week. It is about a 45 minute drive. It wasn't too bad at first but it's been a year now and I'm ready for the visits to change from weekly to bi-weekly. Or monthly would be even better. 5 other kids see therapist. Not all on the same day, and for all different reasons. We have used the same psychologist for about 8 years now. I really like her, shes a mom and a christian as well as a good psychologist. All of those combined make it healing ground.

The little girls are playing dress up. Faith just came in and showed me her "show". too cute! Summer has slowed down to a drag for some of the kids. We have been skating, bowling, to the lake, rented movies and games, gone to the park , shopped and walked the mall, all more than once. Now they want to move to something else. Mom I'm bored... I think I need to start assigning some cleaning chores to those so bored. Some have books from the library. Maybe if everyone reads one book we could do something fun.

Dinner tonight is spaghetti. I'm going to try a new recipe for garlic cheese biscuits. I need to run to the store for some more salad dressing. With so many ,everyone likes something different. I guess I'll go make a cake for dessert. I need to ask Staisha what kind, being she might want something special. We did find out her baby is a BOY! Just what they wanted . Really what we both wanted. A healthy baby. The doc said everything looked great. So we are excited. Now off to bake a cake...

No comments:

Post a Comment