Monday, August 24, 2009

Counting On It!

As I was reading a devotional today it was talking about God giving everyone different gifts. I truly believe what I do is a gift. It's just some days I think I'm more gifted than others. Some days I question my sanity. Sure I love what I do, but time tells me it's time to slow down. However I don't want to slow down. My mind seems the same. I don't feel older until I look in the mirror and see my mom looking back at me. One of my vanity fears is being mistaken for my kids grandmother. It hasn't happened yet, but it's coming. I already see the questioning looks from other parents at school who don't know me. I was in a maternity dress shop a few weeks back with my pregnant daughter. I guess the clerk didn't notice we were together because she ask me when my baby was due. I don't know if I'm offended or not. On the one hand at least she thought I was young enough to be pregnant, but on the other hand she probably didn't know if I was fat or pregnant. (lol) Well I could do something about being overweight. Instead of keeping two 3 year olds, trying to help out parents who can't seem to get ahead I could be going to the gym. Instead of sitting in a psychologist office 8 times a month I could go to the tanning bed. Instead of all the school meetings I attend I could go have my hair and nails done. But you know that's not what makes me happy. Being mom makes me happy. It doesn't stress me out or make me wish I was somewhere else. (well most of the time anyway) I just love doing it. I love seeing a child overcome the curses and chains put there by their bio parents. Poverty, drugs, alcohol, tobacco, being uneducated, and over all making bad choices for their lives. It's all I can do not to bust out crying when I see them preforming in color guard, cheer leading, track, basketball, band, and all the other stuff they are in. That's a chance their parents didn't get, or didn't take. I love it when they come show me their grades and are proud of them. I love it when they clean up and put on nice clothes and have the confidence to know they look good. I believe in everyone of my kids. I know they all have different gifts. I understand that they won't all take the same path in life. I even know that some of them will make bad choices. But I also know they have been taught the right thing. I can stand before God knowing I done what was required of me as their parent. That's where it ends. He gave us all free will. Proverbs 22:6 says; Train up a child in the way he should go and when he is old he will not depart from it. (KJV) I'm claiming that verse. Even on the ones I believe will mess up as soon as they are out from under my roof. WHEN HE IS OLD. All kids mess up at some point in their lives, but if they can survive and make it through without their choices being devastating to their life he will make it back to the Lord. I'm counting on it!

No comments:

Post a Comment