Friday, July 17, 2009

Camping in the Mountains


We're back! We had a wonderful time. It was actually really restful. I do know why all the pioneers were so small. It took forever to cook a meal for 25 people over an open fire. (I did cheat and have a small gas grill) The grill would cook twice as fast as the open fire. By the time I finished cooking, serving and cleaning for one meal it was time to start the next. The only time I got tired was when I had to walk to the bathrooms. (up hill both ways LOL) Water was at our camp site but the bathrooms were a walk away. It made me appreciate my bathroom especially in the middle of the night! It was one of the best vacations we've had. We have went on some longer, bigger, more expensive trips (Grand Canyon, Niagara Falls, Disney world,) but none I've enjoyed any more.
The kids are all really tired as they were so excited and didn't go to sleep early and were up at the crack of dawn. Really! As you can tell in the pictures Tabitha, Lauren, Andrew, Staisha, and Josh went with us. I think that's what made it so enjoyable. I wish Brian and Jennifer could have gone. Well Jennifer could have but declined. She didn't think that being in the mountains in the woods with no bed was her idea of fun. So she declined the offer.
Tomorrow is another big day. We are heading to Tennessee to move Jen into her house. I know I'll sleep well tonight! Goodnight.

























No comments:

Post a Comment