Sunday, September 13, 2009

Orphanages




Someone actually made the comment to me the other day of "so when did you become an orphanage.?" This really ticked me off! First off I kept my cool because this came from a really uneducated, backwoods, blah, blah, blah, person. (read between the lines) I can't call names because I don't let my children call names. I took a deep breath and calmly explained to them the difference. First , all of these children are MINE. No one can ever come take them away. They will always always have a place to call home. I will always be their mom. and Keith will always be their dad. I will stand by them thick or thin. I will never support bad habits, or bad decisions. But I will always be their mom, which means I will always tell them my opinion and what I think is best. You can't go home to an orphanage for Christmas, Thanksgiving or just to have dinner. Easter bunny doesn't come nor Santa Clause. Kids don't get to dress up in costumes at orphanages and go trick or treating. Orphanages don't put kids in little league, or football, or track ,or cheer leading. Orphanages don't sit up in a rocker all night long when their baby is sick or just wants to be held. Orphanages don't rub a child's back until they fall back asleep after a bad dream. Orphanages don't fix 3 different kinds of sandwiches at lunch because no one can agree on what they like. Orphanages don't look for 6 hours for a homecoming dress. Orphanages doesn't let little ones crawl into bed with them at 2 am because they woke up and can't go back to sleep. Orphanages don't cry when their child or children are excelling in school and your just so proud, because you know what background they came from. Am I making myself clear here. These are my children in every sense of the word. I love each and everyone of them. I want the same for each and every one. To know and love God, to be healthy and happy. To know they are loved. To be educated to the very best of their ability. For some that will mean college for others it won't. But that's OK . I love each one as an individual. Even for my birth kids it's the same. I love them all the same, just different. I could go on and on about the difference of an orphanage or group home, or foster home compared with an adoptive home. Even statistics show I'm right. Children who are adopted compared to those who age out are so much more successful as adults. So yes I have a big house. (not big enough in my opinion) yes I have lots of kids. Yes they share bedrooms, and most share clothes (by choice) and they all share toys. As well as mom and dad. They also share our love. That's one thing never in short supply. Hugs , kisses, and love. So I think I got my point across to this person. Even If I didn't, they now know I consider these children mine. Family, forever.
And yes, I know there is some orphanages that take good care of children. I am thankful children have a bed, some food, and a roof over there head. But I am more thankful for adoption.
This is a picture of our kitchen. It is actually what brought the question on. We've only had it built about a year. I have to say it is one of the best things we have ever done. I enjoy it so much. It's really a family room too, as it is where I'm at most of the time.
Faith lost her first tooth today. My baby. It seems like last week when Tabitha lost her first tooth. She said she remembers being scared all her teeth were going to fall out until I reassured her it was suppose to happen. LOL I want to cry. They are all growing up so fast. I wonder if when I'm 80 time will have gone by as fast as it has the last 30 years? I know I don't want time to stop, but slowing down a little would sure be nice.
I'm going to go play tooth fairy, Orphanages don't do that either.


No comments:

Post a Comment